Calcium Deficiency Symptoms and Causes

 What is calcium deficiency?

 Calcium is an important mineral.  Your body uses it to build strong teeth and bones.  More than 99 percent of the body’s calcium is contained in the teeth and bones, which support the structure and functions of the skeleton.  The remaining 1% of the calcium in the body helps with other important functions, such as muscle contraction, contraction and expansion of arteries, and transmitting messages through the nervous system to other parts of the body.  The heart and other parts of the body also need calcium to function properly.

 When your body doesn’t get enough calcium, you have an increased risk of developing certain disorders, such as osteoporosis or osteopenia.

 Children who do not get enough calcium may have a short height as they grow up.  People who have calcium deficiency can have mild to severe symptoms and disorders.  Symptoms include numbness of hands and feet, tingling feeling, muscle pain, fainting, depression, tooth decay, and dry skin.


 Calcium Supplements:

 700 mg daily for ages 1 to 3

 1,000 mg daily for ages 4 to 8

 1,300 mg daily for ages 9 to 13

 1,300 mg daily over 14 to 18 years

 1,000 mg daily for ages 19 to 50

 1,000 mg daily for men 51 to 70 years old

 1,200 mg daily for women 51 to 70 years old

 1200 mg daily over age 70 and

 1,000 mg daily for women ages 19 to 50 (pregnant/lactating).


 Cause of calcium deficiency:

 The main reason for calcium deficiency is due to not consuming enough calcium in the diet.

 Exercising too many leads to calcium deficiency, while doing light exercise maintains the amount of calcium.

 Vitamin D facilitates the process of absorption of calcium.  If there is a vitamin D deficiency, then calcium deficiency starts on its own.

 Consumption of soft drinks in large quantities reduces the amount of calcium.


 When the body is weak, calcium deficiency starts.

 Women who are sportswomen lose a lot of calcium during menopause because the level of estrogen is low it is a type of hormone that helps to strengthen bones.

 Diets high in fat, sugar-rich, and protein-rich foods cause calcium deficiency.  Like tea, coffee, cold drinks, alcohol, and tobacco, excessive salt intake leads to calcium deficiency.

 Calcium deficiency occurs in large quantities due to refined grains, mitts, etc.


 Symptoms of calcium deficiency:

 Tingling in the fingers: The main symptom of calcium deficiency is ringing in the fingers.

 In such a situation you should contact the doctor.

 Muscle cramps: If people have muscle cramps, they should not ignore them as it is a symptom of calcium deficiency.

 Feeling tired: It is very common to feel tired after doing some work or activity, but if you feel tired even after doing a little work, it is a matter of concern.  It can also be a sign of calcium deficiency in the body.

 Loss of appetite: One of the symptoms of calcium deficiency is loss of appetite.

 Weak or cracked nails: If you have weak nails then you are more prone to calcium deficiency.  Such people should take care of their nails.

 Difficulty swallowing: Although difficulty swallowing is considered a sore throat or a cold, sometimes it can also be a symptom of calcium deficiency.


Read More –

ACIDITY ! गैस का बनना, एसिडिटी बनने के कारण

मस्सा क्या होता है? : कारण, लक्षण और प्रकार

STOMACH ULCER ! पेट का अल्सर, गैस्ट्रिक अल्सर, अल्सर क्या है

ENCEPHALITIS (इंसेफेलाइटिस ) दिमाग की सूजन कारण और लक्षण

CERVICAL SPONDYLITIS, गर्दन का दर्द , सर्वाइकल स्पॉन्डिलाइटिस के कारण और लक्षण

COLITIS : आंतों में जख्म, सूजन, इन्फेक्शन के कारण और लक्षण

WHAT IS CONSTIPACTION? : कब्ज के कारण और लक्षण





Leave a Comment